Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojacob

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2001
IN
When I am starting my IBM laptop T20, it is hanging and give one error message.The message is "0175 CRC1 error post stopped". I changed the hard disk and memmory but the problem is still there. What will be the problem please help me.
Thak you,

By Manoj Jacob

Could be the hard disk and/or the memory - but I'd suspect the memory, since I've never seen a Hdd give a POST CRC error.

Try replacing the old memory and see if the issue still occurs.

If it doesn't, try using the old hard disk with the new memory. If the problem resurfaces, you may have a bad or even incompatible RAM chip - get it replaced.

I hope this helps

Maybe the manufacturer can tell you what the code refers to or a way to check what is causing it. There is always the possiblilty it is caused by a bad battery on the motherboard or by a bad motherboard. Don't really know what a CRC error is; That would be the first question. What is a CRC Error?

So many acronyms and so little time. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

CRC = Cyclic Redundancy Check.

And if you want to implement your own, here's how to do it;

(Happy Reading!)

Just another TLA...

But could be caused by many things. If a checksum error came from a piece of hardware, it could easily cause a computer to hang. The trick is working out which piece of hardware caused the hang. This is why hardware should be upgraded one piece at a time - although it's all supposed to be compatible...

I hope this helps

I changed the hard disk and memory. Both are working with other mechines. I tried with new memmory and old hdd and viceversa. I think the problem is with the mother board.

Thank you all
manoj jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back