Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Dial Help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel4Ever

Vendor
Nov 1, 2011
CA
VM Pro 9.1 - I've got a Post Dial action that plays a 30 second emergency message to a Page group. The customer wants it to repeat for 90 seconds so I made a copy of the Post Dial action and made it the Next destination of the first one then did that again. The Next action after the 3rd Post Dial is a Disconnect. The Post Dial still only plays for 30 seconds then disconnects. How can I achieve this?
Is the Play Looped option a better way to go, and if so how can I get it to stop?

Could you maybe make a seperate VMPro module for each message, then use a Goto at the end of each one? i.e. call comes into VMPro module EmergencyMessage1, plays the message via Post Dial, then goes to a Goto routing to VMPro module EmergencyMessage2 which does the same thing

That should make it play the message each time

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Call me a numpty but why not just record a 90 second message and play that (Edit the audio file to create 3 repeats).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The GoTo suggestion didn't work, the recording still stopped after the first Post Dial module, it's as if the NEXT step in the module is completely ignored. Looks like you win, @sizbut

If being a numpty gets me stars, I'd be MVP for the next century.

Sadly my answer was partially driven by "I don't have time to test it myself and see what might be happening."

The only other thing I can think for you to try, is enabling Complete Sequence on the call flows Start tab with a really long timeout. But I suspect that the page event includes a disconnect event from the voicemail server end which ends the whole call flow.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

if that works then I give numpty also some pink lovin'

Nortel4Ever let us know so we can throw more pink at sizbut (or not) :)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Unfortunately we might never know as the customer elected to follow "numpty's" advice of recording a longer message.

We will see if there is still some sort of timeout that cuts the announcement off after 30 seconds anyway.

I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back