Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possibly moving from Shoretel to Avaya IP office 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb123

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Hi All,

So I'm currently looking after a Shoretel system with their contact centre plaform as well. We're just shy of 900 users with 180 on the contact centre and 4 remote locations

this year one of my jobs is to look at whether shoretel is still a fit or I need to look at other systems like ipoffice

Now I'm long in the tooth having done various platforms CM/Nortel and others, but not looked at ip office

What's good/bad/ugly about ipoffice (they all have their weak points and I'm not a supporter of any system) and has anyone one gone from shoretel to ipoffice?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Think the big question is what your CC requirements are and which product fits you there.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Current CC is fairly simplistic - skills based routing, time of day, day of week, menus, q announcements etc, we also do database dips for some services and will be looking at chat functionality soon.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

900 users and contact center -> mitel mivoice business with MiCC.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Considering 20% of you users ar CC agents the important thing is to check out different CCs to find what you would like to work in meeting your needs.
Basic telephony would work about the same on all systems unless you have any special requirements there.

I have experience with both and IMO the ShoreTel ECC is far superior to the IP Office offering. If you're really looking to change then check out Aura or another platform, but there's nothing you will get with IPO that you don't have already.

Mitel for sure, IPO is not to be considered given those requirements :)

Star for you Andy :)
I do both IPO and Mitel and Mitel runs circels around the IPO when it comes to CC.
IPO is a great box for sure but not build for CC

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

cheers all,

I've got vendor visits lined up, so I can see their offerings

Well apart from the god awful CC setup, the IPO doesn't do skilled based routing natively either, lose lose :)

I hope they have updated their interface, the most common thing for CCs is that their interface never gets updated to a modern design, Aura has a lot of examples on that as well. The only way it happens is when they release a new product.

The Enghouse Contact Center pairs nicely with IPO. I am not familiar with Mitel but it is a strong contact center solution. During a recent comparison with Aura/ CM the only two features it lacked were:
- Call Disposition via DTMF..... The drop down is better in my opinion anyway
- No ZIP tones. The phone rings every call.

I get the Zip tones, but it was half the price of an Aura solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back