Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible virus from web contact forms - does anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanceoiage

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2006
GB
Hiya,

I'm having a problem with what seems to be a virus transmitted via web contact forms. We've built a few different sites, and this seems to be creeping through them, and has also infected our own site contact form.

We're getting messages submitted via the contact forms that'll be along the lines of "from:morning2230@codebrush.com, address:morning2230@codebrush.com etc", and the message itself will be a broken line of poetry, something like "artistic, an afther awhile whin th time come that he had to keep a man at th dure".

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I can't find anything on it and I can't find anything on my machine that might be spreading it, but 3 sites that we've built now seem to be having the same problem. All the contact forms are php and built in house, we're not using any third party packages or pre-built forms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi nanceoiage -
There are quite a few PHP hacks w/submit functions & features. If you search Google for PHP vulnerabilities you'll find quite a few. (for example, the double-submit hack >> Here <<
Sorry not an answer for ya, but may point you in the right direction.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back