Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

possible to use TLS to encrypt desktop connections? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bithead9

MIS
Jan 27, 2003
US
RHEL 6 with GNOME. Can the cnnection be automatically encrypted using TLS or other method ? This is niternal traffic and would be used to prevent sniffers for passwords and the like. The client desktops could be Windows Mac or linux.

Use IPSec.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Can the cnnection be automatically encrypted using TLS or other method ... The client desktops
I am not following exactly what you want to do, but it sounds like you're asking about securing remote desktop connections. If so, I would recommend FreeNX, which uses SSH under the hood because of it's reliable security.

I am trying to accomplish:
1) Secure the connect from say Windows/Mac clients to RHEL Server running XDMCP (or equal multi-user desktop software)
2) be able to handle like 20-30 user per Server, so a scalable remote desktop securre solution
Prefereably off the shelf software or Open Source that does the same.
I saw the Wiki and there are so many products. Does anyone here do this already and have a simple and reliable solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back