Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to Pivot Quarterly Grouping? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfuser10

Technical User
May 13, 2010
US
Hello,
I would like to generate a report based on quarterly percentages for reviewed criteria. The report output needs to look like this:

#Records
Criteria Reviewed Month1 Month2 Month3 QTotal
Field1 # % % % %
Field2 # % % % %
etc...

I can get the groupings to work with the month running down in rows, but I want them to appear in columns as shown. The dates are in one field. I can't do a crosstab query because the rows are separate fields. Not sure how to get my data pivoted around so it appears as I'd like it to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Duane,
I have a question regarding this thread. Based on my most recent posting on another thread, I now am able to use a dynamic crosstab query in a report. I would like to do something similar with this crosstab query that you helped me with. I would like to have a report that looks like this:

Criteria Month1 Month2 Month3 QTotal
Reviewed #records #records #records #records
Field1 % % % %
Field2 % % % %

Currently I can't show the # of records reviewed for each month. I would like show them as column headings. They do not show up in the crosstab query. In the Union query that you helped me with, the # of records is: Sum(1) as All. I use that in the second query to calculate the percent. But is it possible to have that sum show up somehow in the crosstab query for each month?

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back