Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to lockout all accounts including Admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgTech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2002
US
I may have acidentally locked out all accounts including my Admin account on Netware.

In a feeble attempt to expiree all passwords last night, I believe I may have included the Admin account when setting the acount expiration. I believe I did not accomplish what I wished and may also have created a problem with access to GW users and NDS tree.

We do not have staff using the NDS login. We ony use it for administrative GW functions, like adding new users and changing passwords.

Thanks..I am not sure which direction to go here.

You can buy this
and it will fix your problem.

Alternately, Novell tech support can remote into the server and restore admin for you.

And for next time, there is a great product that allows eDir backup/restore of any object or the whole shebang.
Check it out:

gd lk!

[laughtears]

When you contact NTS (Novell Technical Services), they will provide you with an NLM you will load on your server after you have signed and faxed them a waiver. The server will give you a code, read that code to NTS. NTS will then give you a response code. You will then be able to either change the admin password or create a new admin user with ACU rights to the tree.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer

Thought I would report back. I am glad I didn't tell everyon ethis earlier or you wouldn'thave posted and I wouldn't know about other possibilities.

But...anywho..I used my creatie side and rebooted and went into the BIOS of the NOVELL server and I set that date back to 2004. Then logged in and fixed theproblem of expiring the logins...then set the date back to the corret date. All seems well now. But we will see.

Thanks.

Oops...can't spell above!!! [surprise]

Lucky being a very relative term...

AgTech:
Grab some old box, anything, and load Netware (5.0 or better) on it so you will have a replica of your tree. It doesn't need to do anything, just hold a replica.

Do It Today. Right Now. You'll be oh! so glad you did somewhere down the road. Hardware fails, and when it happens to you that replica will save your bacon.

Speaking strictly from experience here...

Agreed.....I have plans to install a new server very soon. We are also upgrading to the latest vrsion, but in testing we have found some of the tools seem problematic and ot seemles for moving the NDS tree from Netware 5.0

Thanks for your helps and ideas. I will fro sure be needingthem again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back