Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

?Possible to force page breaks dynamically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaCour

MIS
Jul 15, 2004
US
Quite often in in my reports (usually when showing lists), a field will begin on a page and run to another.

Is it possible to force a page break when the field is going to be displayed on > than 1 page?

Thanks in advance
Blair

Does setting the "Force New Page" to "After Section" for the Detail Section properties work, or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?

I can not find that setting. If I can change it on the fly then that will be great. My fields are set to shrink or grow when needed - and they do ... this often forces fields to go onto another page ... I would like the whole field to stay on the same page.

So When This happens to a field:
- Item A
- Item B
- Item C
PAGE BREAK
- Item D
- Item E
- Item F

I would like to force this (so the field is not broken up):
PAGE BREAK
- Item A
- Item B
- Item C
- Item D
- Item E
- Item F

Thanks in advance
Blair

Well, if you go into the properties of the Detail Section (right click on the Detail Section header), you can tell it to "Force New Page", "After Section". This makes it so that it will only do a page break when everything listed under Detail is printed.

Next thing, if you do "Keep Together", that should make sure that everything prints together on that page. That's also under the Detail Section properties, at least it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back