Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

possible to create virtual ext for outbound calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
i was wondering if it is possible to create a virtual ext that can be used for outbound calls via "bridged appearance"? i am able to do it with an ext that has a physical port on the pbx but cannot get it to work with a virtual ext. (ip500 v.4.15)

thanks in advance for any info.

did you try to create a IP Extension while there is no physical IP Phone attached?

yes, same problem. it seems to need a physical phone for the bridged appearance, because i also tried an existing extension with no phone attached and i had the same problem...

are talking about sending out a certain caller ID when picking up a certain line? or is this for inbound calls ringing a particular button?

From all the testing i ahve ever done you need a phone for the bridged appearances to work.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

socalsteve, no, i know how to set a certain caller id per extension, i am actually trying to dial out with another extension that has no phone hooked up to it through a phone.

It would help to understand why you want to achieve this. If it is to send CID of another extension, that can be done through using a second dial short code with an 8 instead of a nine as the leading digit.

the issue im facing is that i have an automation system using CTI Link pro to autodial calls for agents, but when it tries to dial more than one call (ex. multiple call appearances) it drops all the calls on all the call appearances at once. i have the agents setup with 3 call appearances each. so what im trying to do is setup a single phone with 2 different extensions so the agent can use 1 ext number for the automation outbound calls and the other ext for incoming calls.

spare ist ports? You don't need to hook any thing up to them, but the ports do need to exist.

You need the TAPI Wav user license, this is intended for CTI outcalling devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back