Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible to change calling party ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStieferman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
Can you configure alternate ring patterns for the calling party in CM4.x or UCM7.x?

IF yes - can it be configured for for different devices?

Thanks.

You can change the ring for the whole phone or the specific line being called. But you can not change the ring for a specific phone number calling you like your cell phone.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Thanks - but I am wondering if you can change what the caller on the cell phone hears when a Cisco phone is ringing on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc rings before going to voicemail. Not what the called party ring tone is right before answering the call.

What the calling party hears is largely a function of the PSTN switch...the Cisco side (GW or CUCM) is likely signaling to the PSTN that the called phone is ringing, and then the PSTN generates the ringback signaling to the calling party.

No way to control that from the Cisco side.

I agree with loucanick. The cell phone provider switch controls the cell phone ring back and not the PBX on the far end.

@loucanick/ whycap: I do not agree.

We have a CCM connected to our PABX (with a isdn30 trunk)
If I call from my normal phone, internally, to a cisco phone, I'll hear the 'cisco' ringtone.
The same tone if I call from my cell to the ciscophone.

so, it's a wavfile on the CCM...

meneerB,

Exactly...

I believe it is the path below, but I don't have a test server to play around with.

\\server_name\TFTPPath\United_States\AnnRingBack.wav

Ultimatly, I'd love to have different files to play back for specific device pools, but I don't think that UCM can be configured that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back