Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

possible time.sleep() problem...is there an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

dans45

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
US
Hello, I'm running a python program Python 2.3.5 on the 9-25-05 knoppix CD . The machine boots up fine and runs find for a time but I've notice that the programs freeze up after a while. I've noticed that when I break out of the programs often the erring command was 'time.sleep(3.00)' or some other value. I've run for quite a few hours with no problem and I use the time.sleep command a lot i.e. I'm not an expert at Python or Debian.
Once the program fails if I type in the 'date' command repeatedly at the command line the response is the same except the second value varies plus or minus a couple of seconds, never going higher.
I am also calling 'modprobe qla2300' and 'sg_map' which also seem to freeze up at times. So I'm not sure if I have a problem with the time.sleep. Is there a debian function I could call to give me the same as time.sleep function?
I'm running on some IBM 8654 and 8674 servers.
Any ideas as to why I'm seeing this problem? Thanks a lot.

From the description of the date command, it sounds like you have a problem with your OS or hardware clock and not your python script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back