Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible Routing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2190

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2006
US
I have two routers Cisco 877 ADSL connected to the Internet that is working perfectly. It is using a public static IP on the outside interface and a private 192.168.1.2 on VLAN1 on the inside, the router has 4 FastEthernet ports. NAT is setup correctly because I can get to the Internet from any computer in the 192.168.1.0 network. I have connected a second 2621 router via FastEthernet0/0 192.168.1.1 to the VLAN1 FastEthernet0 interface using a straight through cable. The second Ethernet connection FastEthernet0/1 on the 2621 has a network of 10.1.1.0/24. I am trying to get from the 10.1.1.0/24 network to the Internet. I tried at static route on the 2621 that is destination (x.x.x.0/24 my public IP to 192.168.1.2 the inside default gateway to the Internet on the Internet router. This does not work, however on the 2621 router I can ping my public IP and the default gateway at the ISP on the Internet. I also tried adding a permit 10.1.1.0/24 to the access list on the Internet router. This did not work.

I think I have a routing problem but I cannot figure it out. I have tryed what seems to be the correct static routes but no luck. I would greatly appreciate anyones help.

Thank you.

Your 877 DSL router must have a route back to the 10.1.1.0/24 network. I didn't see you mention that route anhywhere. Without it, it will know how to ping the 2621 simply because it is directly connected. However, it will not be able to ping the 10.1.1.x interface of the 2621.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back