Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible performance issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCSOBOXI

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
Hello,

Did you start having performance issues during/after your deployment of Infoview and if so, what did you do to fix this issue. Did you just tweak the BOXI application servers such as the CMS server, pageserver, etc?

Thank you!

Yes, I observed server usage and report durations to complete then adjusted the servers to suit our needs.
Do you have a particular issue?

BTkalternate,

Thank you for responding. I don't have any particular issues yet....I'm just trying to be proactive and know what to expect.

Thank you!

We have a distributed clustered system - two report servers in our main office in Atlanta and another in our California office. We also have two web servers - one in each location.

We do a LOT of scheduled rystal Reports, so schedules tend to get clogged up at times. I added an additional Crystal Job Server service to each of the report servers, which is more than enough to expeditiously handle all of the scheduled jobs most of the time.

I HIGHLY recommend that you take two classes to really get you up to speed on the system:

SA210 - Administering Users and Content
SA310 - Administering Servers

Having the information from them has been instrumental in giving me the skills I need to administer our system. They're well worth the time and money.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

hilfy,

I highly recommend me taking those classes too, but I am unable to so that's why I am asking so many entry level questions.

My company will not pay for it and I cannot afford it myself at this time. I'm struggling.

When I first started learning Crystal, I was sent to classes by a company and I was able to expidite the process of learning and jump in. This time, with a different company, I don't have that option and just had to jump in.

Even though I have explained it, I don't think it is understood of the complexity of BOXI when you don't know it and that it's Crystal Reports, when it's not.

Oh well, I thank you for your information...it really helps to hear what others are doing.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back