Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Possible DCHP error... ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

edunks

MIS
Oct 2, 2007
US
One of our remote sites has a user who is able to logon at a very slow pace, and is unable to reach our local intranet site from I.E, and does not get her mapped drives. Internet works, and everyone else at the remote site is working fine. We have an outside company who monitors the VPN, and they have a router at the location. I blew away the local profile and recreated it. It did not help. We do not use roaming profiles. Could this be a DCHP error on the outside company’s hardware? I can ping the intranet site but it will not show in IE. Thanks in advance.

Ok, I'm a little confused here. Is this user having trouble logging in over the VPN or while sitting in the office?

The use is in the office and I am connecting over the VPN for support. This happened with another user at the location. Dell desktop and a Toshibia laptop. I dont think its the NIC, but peices of equipment were replaced in the last six months. Thanks for your time ....

Ok, so the user is in the office but they have to access the intranet and mapped drives over a VPN???

Sounds like the problem is that they must have a VPN connection in order to access your network domain. That means that when they first log-in to their computer there is no VPN connection yet, and their workstation is having to use cached credentials to log-in. This takes awhile sometimes and would explain the slow log-in she experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back