Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POSSESSED 8X24/DR5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leardini

Vendor
Mar 27, 2003
US
I’m the 3rd vendor hired by a Doctors Office to solve this problem. It’s been now 8 months since I’ve started working on this and I’m about ready to give up. They have a Meridian 8x24 KSU with DR5.1 Software, 16 x M7324 Sets and a PC based Voice Mail, which I don’t know much about (I’m only working on Norstar line of Voice Mails). The system drops calls like crazy. It usually happens in early morning hours (when they have a lot of incoming traffic). A few times I called from an outside location and I hear a half a ring and get disconnected. Now before someone HOPEFULLY instructs me where I should locate this problem let me start by telling you what I’ve done so far.

1.Replaced the KSU/Software/2P Exp Cartridge/Trunk Module/DS card.

2.Sold the KSU pulled out of this office to another client and it works fine.

3.Pulled new cables from Floor Closet to Doctors Office Closet for the 9 telco lines going into the system.

4.Toned station cables & replaced all jacks going to extensions on the system.

5.Installed a brand new Smart UPS APC-1400 for the system.

6.Completely disconnected (for 1 week) the PC based Voice Mail from the system but it was still dropping calls.

7.Had Telco (SBC) move all the lines to new binding posts coming from the street to the tower.

8.Moved lines to new cable pairs in the house cable running from building basement to 11th floor (Floor Closet).

9.Had Telco run all kind of tests – they blame it on my equipment.

10.Installed a SL phone before the KSU on a particular line – NEVER DROPPED ONE CALL ON THIS Single Line set.
Am I crazy? Am I missing something? At this point I’ll try anything. Pls HEEEEELP!
Thank you!

Arr
Thanks for the tip. I will try this next week. I finally heard from telco and they will try to fix it from the central office. They asked me what's the loop current required for my system. I'm not sure if this is anywhere in the specs for 8x24. I told them 27mA/48V just to be on the safe side. Thanks again!

Good to see you have narrowed it down, been a long time eh? :)
spoclogo2.jpg

Yep curly...
looks like after all I'm not gonna end up in an asylum!

Keep in mind if you will use resistors or attenuator to reduce the loop current you will also reduce the audio level.so you have to be balanced and watch for the audio as well.But if teleco is involved try to make them give you 25ma,48v,and thats should be ok.Finally I'm glad that you have the problem under control.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back