Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POSPRINT.EXE an Aloha Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2005
US
Have any of you ever heard of POSPRINT.EXE? It is an Aloha utility that I have been trying to use, but I keep getting an error message when I try to use it. I do have the COM interface enabled. I can email someone the utility if they want to mess with it. I just cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The AKB states:

POSPRINT.EXE

POSPRINT.EXE enables you to print a text file to any Aloha POS system printer. Since this utility uses the Component Object Module (COM) interface to print files, it requires Aloha POS system version 5.230 or higher and you have to enable the COM interface in Aloha Manager/Maintenance/Store Settings/Interfaces/Use FOH COM Interface.

Usage: POSPRINT.EXE <printer ID> <text file>

<printer ID> is the printer ID, as defined in the Aloha POS system.

<text file> is the path and name of the text file.

Options:
/? Displays help information.

Thanks for your time,

Michael Bambach
Systems Administrator
Saxton Pierce Restaurant Corporation
techsupport@saxtonpierce.com

What error are you getting. Ive seen a RPC (COM-related error) show up when trying to use this utility, before.

Its mostly with Win2k machines, however.

If this is the case, search on microsoft knowledge base for the error, they will give you the fix there.

Part of our group does Aloha... one of the other techs thinks she can figure it out. Send the tool to fnb_pos@yahoo.com. Her name is Laurie.

Send the .exe and I can work it through my test bed. I can work 3.2 to 5 3x aloha.
posrescue@bellsouth.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back