Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Positouch Printer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraymond4321

Technical User
Jan 6, 2009
US
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to configure a Positouch terminal (5.32) to use a USB or Ethernet Receipt printer?

I have gone into POSIUP.EXE, but the settings are all for serial printers.

I need to replace a receipt printer and would prefer to use USB or Ethernet.

Thanks

If it has a setting for OPOS, you can install the opos drivers on the terminal and drive it by name. If there are only com port options, you are stuck with serial.

Thanks, but how do you name the OPOS printer within the Positouch BOH? Or do you set it up in an INI file.

I can setup the OPOS drivers for the printer, but don't know where to tell Positouch to use the OPOS printer?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm familiar with posiflex hardware, but not the software. However, most POS systems allow you to select either serial, parallel, opos, or windows driver, and the options located in the same area. It is possible that your version does not have that capability. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if you already own a thermal printer with a usb board, you can sometimes switch it back to serial with a replacement card. For epson, this costs less than $50 and takes about 10 seconds to change.

Well, thanks for the replies.

I know how to setup the hardware, I am trying to setup the Positouch SW. I am not sure if it supports USB printers or OPOS drivers. I can't see it in the setup at all.

Does the printer manufacturer have a serial emulator for their usb printers? I know Star does.

Tom

If you are using an Epson receipt printer, they do offer a serial emulator - you can download it here.

Note that this is the Epson TM-T88IV product download page, but it should work for all Epson printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back