Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Positouch 6.4 error : QM Enterprise not permitted error launching SPCWIN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlentz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2014
US
Hey Folks,

Seeing an error when building a single terminal VM for some development testing using a database and SC folder from a live site. I have the terminals reduced and removed all the printers so it only shows a single device, but when launching SPCWIN I am given the error : Fatal Error 906: POS Stopped. QM Enterprise Module not Permitted.

error.lst contains:
03/15/16 14:51:12 13 Key read failure - Temporay override detected
03/15/16 14:51:12 13 Temporay override accepted - starting up
03/15/16 14:51:12 906 POS STOPPED. SECURITY FAULT #2. CONTACT DEALER
03/15/16 14:51:12 906 POS STOPPED. QM ENTERPRISE MODULE NOT PERMITTED. CONTACT DEALER
03/15/16 14:52:17 500 Spcwin shutdown 255

SPC.HLP does not cover errors above 902 so I'm at a loss.

I was under the impression that dropping a system to a single terminal foh/boh setup where spcwin and positerm run on the same machine would put it in a demo state and allow us to do some testing, but this error is making me rethink that. Anyone have any idea how to get around this to get SPCWIN to run and allow us to test xml ordering functionality? We are not planning on putting this in any sort of live environment, this is for testing purposes only, so any solutions are welcome.

delete QMLocation.xml and restart QM. Enter a location name or nothing.

Great! so now I can launch SPCWIN with QM, however I am still seeing " POS Stopped: Security Fault #2 " when the spcwin launches Positerm on the machine. I was under the impression that lowering the number of terminals to 1 would place spcwin into a "demo" mode that would allow it to run, Although with I beleive a limited number of checks able to be processed (which is fine for our needs) Is there a way to also clear this error on a virtual machine to allow for positerm to run?

I verfied that spcwin.ini and posiw.ini both point to the local machine that spcwin is running on, but I cant find anything that will allow it to clear the security fault.

You should contact the dealer that you're working with or RDC (POSitouch). They will help you get past the error, probably you need to delete something. RDC does not charge to integrate to them or to help you so I would go that route first. They only have you sign an NDA and of course expect you to honor it.
You are correct on demo mode, I think it's something like $1000 in sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back