Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Position ID and Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd1019

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
Does anyone know a way to add an extension column in the real time displays? My call quality team would like to see the position ID and the extension of the agents.

If not is there an easy method to view this matchup on the terminal so that i could print a hard copy.

All I need is the extension to position ID match up.

Thanks hope this make sense.

I think you can not add extension cloumn in RTD. But to satisfy the call quality team, following workaround may be considered if your numbering scheme allows it:

You can do the extension and position ID mapping by defining the numbering plan as: if extension is 5123 your position ID can be 6123. Sinec position ID is available in RTD, you can inform the quality team that just replace 1st digit with "5" to get the extension of the position.

This is how I always programe my Call Centers.

You're correct here, but you might run into some problems if you have multiple floors (big dial plan).
say you have 3 floors, floor 1 starts with 1xxx , 2 with 2xxx and 3 with 3xxx.
Your suggestion will have the following position ID's:
5xxx, 6xxx and 7xxx.

If you would use e.g. a 7 for Position ID's and have it 5-digit wise it might look like this:
1st floor: 1xxx (DN) + 71xxx (PosID)
2nd floor: 2xxx (DN) + 72xxx (PosID)
3rd floor: 3xxx (DN) + 73xxx (PosID)

This way you have used "only" 4 x 1000 number blocks instead of 6.

This means I would need to change the position ID for every phone already in the call center. That sounds like a big job. Is it difficult to change the position ID and would it have any affects?

It is a big job, just make sure before you do any PBX changes you deacquire the sets in Symposium, otherwise you may corrupt the database. It is an overnight job. But doing it will clean everything up for you and make it easier in the future.

We had to change cca 200 Agents POSIDs to 5 digits format without any affect. It wasn’ t so big job using OTM. Anyway we are happy with this solution – has many advantages.

SCh

Yes - we use the same convention - Ext: 3810 PosID: 3910, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back