Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS that hooks to DVR showing what is being rung up on the register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2016
US
Hey guys, I'm new here. I just bought a convenience store and it has a normal ancient cash register so it's time to upgrade. I may also buy more stores so I want to invest in a good POS system that I can expand.

I saw someone years ago with a system at a bar that would show on the security camera recordings what the bartender was ringing up, that way he could see if there were free shots being given out. I'm not overly paranoid about theft, but loss prevention is a big deal and I'm just wondering if there is a POS system that has this feature.

Also, any other tips on getting a POS for a convenience store? I want everything to be linked together like inventory and ordering new product. My partner wants to go with AccuPOS, it's about $2K out the door for everything, plus $60/month. I want to go with the best. Any recommendations? I'm pretty new to this business.

Thanks!

Can't say I know a lot about retail POS but at the price you're looking at for AccuPOS, remember, you get what you pay for. I would ask your neighbors first, find out what they use and are they happy.
Most POS systems can output serial data of what's on the screen, some do it through another method through the server. It must be synched with the DVR.
NCC Reflection is pretty good for a lower priced POS system.
Things to think about: Training. On site service. Do scales integrate? Barcode scanners. Does it require internet to work? How long does it store data? Does it have an inventory system, track invoices, interface to an accounting program? Does it have redundancy? How does it backup? What do the reports look like?

The DVR needs to accept the POS input. Check out Envysion

Micros 9700 and Simphony (not sure about 3700), work well with eConnect.

An Aloha Dealer in FL had a similar product several years back using AlohaSpy I believe with Seyontech/FlexWATCH DVR's ( this was prior to the NCR buyout) that they called "Iq Video" but I'm not sure if they are still in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back