Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micros888

Technical User
Dec 9, 2007
US
Hello and greatly appreciate any feedback as I have used
Micros & Aloha and looking for an alternative reasonable software/system
aprox 4 terminals will chip reader cc processing.
Regards

I would not touch Clover, it is garbage and I think you are stuck with First Data for CCs.
Stay away from any system that forces you to use their CCs. It isn't bad if they give you a better deal if you use them but you should have a choice or you will get screwed as they can and will raise rates when they want.
I would recommend POSitouch of course, prices have come down for it since they were bought out.
Future, MobileBytes, NCC and maybe Focus are good options. Really depends on what you want for features and local service to you.

Hello and many thx for your feedback....
Aloha or Micros for 4 terminals one location with full service restaurant ...regards

Check out Focus POS - One of the few POS systems not owned by the big CC companies.

You are not tied to a credit card processor.

Cheers,
Coorsman

We are a busy multi-million dollar store with twelve terminals. We recently moved our CC away from Micros ad replaced with separate ingentigo ipp350 Chip readers. We are using FreedomPay for the readers and integration between Micros and Hartland our CC processor. So far, the FreedomPay integration is working with only a few hiccups. We even have a wireless Pay at the Table unit working so we can take cc at the car(ToGo).

@chipmotley

How's the EMV solution working out? I'm also interested to know if the Pay at the Table solution is something you have stuck with? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

For pay at the table I would recommend Eigen, We have been testing them for about a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back