Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericl23

MIS
Feb 16, 2005
US
I need to purchase about 80 POS systems - just hardware ( pc, monitor, pole, scanner, credit card reader, cash drawer, keyboard). Is it possible to be able to just buy the hardware? If so, Can someone list some sites to look at?

Thanks

Eric

Look into Dell. They have recently set up a POS-oriented product line where they can supply complete POS stations (printers, displays, keyboards, scanners, cash drawers.) The computer system is Dell (of course) and you have a choice of most of the major brands (Epson, Metrologic, Symbol, etc.) for the peripherals.

If Bospruell 's response doesn't help, I would recommend you contact either him or myself, as this is a very strong system. I would recommend contacting him, as he gave you the first response, and I dont' belive they seel direct.

<a href=" POS Systems and Wine Club Software</a>
<a href=" POS Systems</a>

This is who we use for our book size solution with ELO flat panels and crts. On this site we buy the global model and so far they out perform tekvision, bellview, digicom and a few others few have gone through. Digicom was good to us but the touch dynamics cost less and were more powerful. It depends on who you buy them through.

I've used IBM sure POS at a few different clients, and though I found out some things IBM didn't know, they were pretty helpfull and had a pro in each city if I needed him. Touch screens, poll display and cash drawers intergrated makes the system look slick. It's all compacted into one basic model, but can wall mount it, put it all together, seperate or whatever the client wants. Their keyboard sucks though, too small and different. It only has option for intergration with a normal roll receipt printer, we were using an epson slip printer and though it fit in the hole, it was a different color. Comes with an intergrated MSR option and a different display option too instead of the traditional poll, it's back of the monitor, pretty slick.
All pretty nice and of course anything you get is going to work with POS software since it's installed over the OS.
Of course I had another client that just used Lap Tops with USB MSR's, printers and cash drawers.

IBM will probably be ok now. If anyone has seen the new surepos units they have gone back to the infrared touch since the others failed to often. Also my supplier said they don't make the wall mount brackets anymore.(?) I have three of the newest ones with 17 inch lcds with infrared touch running at a busy gas station and my service calls are down to nothing from the 531's that were out there and blew up via a direct lighting strike to the building. Insurance replaced them for him so we got him the latest and greatest. (Expensive, but some customers want the IBM name on their equipment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back