Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS restarts and bios date turns to 1988

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER380

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2009
EG
hi ,

i ve 2 POSs in 2 different sites that restart automatically .. and when they start up i find the clock changes to 1/1/1988 in bios and windows ... which corrupts the sales log ... and it happens alot

anyone solved something like this before ?

I suggest to change the BIOS battery. It should be located on the mainboard. If it is empty or faulty it will show the mentioned effects.

Try that first, it will be cheaper than examine the whole system regarding virus or setting it up from scratch.

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

Most likely this is a RADIANT terminal? The cmos battery is dead, you need to replace it. As usual RADIANT garbage hardware.

thanks Mirko ,

i already replaced them but the error still happens ... i m using original copies of kasper sky internet security and check the full system regularly but the error keeps on occuring

rest guy :

i like the hardware ... the problem is my reseller know nothing about support or the software and the distributor does not care .... all the 2 care about is how to get more money out of my pocket .. but when i face a real problem they all disappear !!!

Are all BIOS settings back to default, or just the time/date?

2nd - try to sync the time at startup with either a working network PC or internet.

net time \\server /set /yes

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

i dont know about all setting but i guess so ,

i ll try this second option ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back