Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS NEWBIE..NEED SOME HELP Setting up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper5557

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
US
He is alittle background of me and the project..I recently been asked to create a POS Software for a freinds father's restaurant business.. I am recent college graduate in MIS. I know what he needs and drew up an ERD. I have a programmer friend who is going to help me.. Here are a few problems that I came across while researching some info on pos systems.

1st..is it possible to have an order broken down and printed on printers at the specific locations.. ie ( if someone orders a burger, the burger prints out at the grill and not the other stations..

2nd...he wants two phone order touchscreen lcds and i was wondering if there is a way just to have 1pc..can i do it on dual heads?

3..he would like to include caller id in the software is that possible and how if so..?
Thanks so much
Justin

Hi about printing on different printers here is my idea,
I assume that the printer's are a network
When entering a item have a felid names Printcat
(Printcat sold be lets say 5 items 1.Kitchen stove 2.kitchen grill)
have stored somewhere a config file (.ini or Registry) printer 1 (Kitchen stove) goes to the printer of the kitchen stove give it some name.

When you ring up a sale have the program print each item (or group for each printer) to that printer,

I think ComCash has this option
Can is ask, why program a pos like program when there is so many in the market?

I hope this helped
Good luck

I agree. leave this programming feat up to the people who make it their lives working with POS.
I work for a manufacturer and here's some stuff ours does out of the box.
multilingual support- orders taken in english can print in the kitchen (or up to eight different stations, simultanously) in any language, depending on the language of the kitchen staff.
checks can be split up to 16 different ways, with a touch screen drag and drop GUI.
any terminal can act as a delivery terminal, autolocating customer info from caller ID info, printing directions for the driver, and print the sticker for the pizza box.
The man needs a POS and he's asked you for help. do him a favor and hand him the yellow pages or ask him to call me :)
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back