Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS Mapping Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpizz

Technical User
Feb 1, 2012
US
Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have used Database mapping tools to create your own POS scheme's. I found a few good ones out there but before i pony up some money i'd love to hear your thoughts. I have a few clients that want custom accounting / tracking tools build for a few different pos systems so i wasn't sure what the best / cheapest solution was to do this. Lastly, has anyone worked with Focus POS? I can't find much about them anywhere

Thanks agian!

K

I am not really sure, what you want to ask.

- cutom reporting tools
- interface to accounting software
- auditing tools

?

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

Kermit

thanks for responding to my post! What I am looking to do is map a database so parse data in a stream lined fashion. The restauranteur im working with owns multiple restaurants and wants to be able to track sales, transactions etc across multiple POS systems very easily. Since most systems have unique database structures im trying to map them and set them up so the output is the same.

Ok, so I suggest to build a collecting database to import all relevant data from the different POS transaction databases / structures and then use the collected data to display reports, store-comparisons, whatever the customer wants.

In fact you have to think about the central database structure first, then write some interfaces for each of the different POS databases, create an export/import schedule. Finally create reports etc. - and a nice and easy to use user interface for the customer.

I know a software solution in Germany that does exactly what you would like to achieve, it is called CentralStoreOffice. I do not know, if it is available in any other language.

Depending on the work you would have to do (how many different POS, how many different reports) maybe it is worth thinking about that.

Kind regards
Mirko

CSO is available in english at dascus in Germany.

Kind regards
Mirko

Kermit,

Thanks for the responces, im not familair with CSO but i'll take a loook. Do you have a link by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back