Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POS at Restaurants Internet Cafe' Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildzx

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2004
US
hello;
Within the next 2 weeks, i will have to decide which POS to purchase for internet cafe' environment, serving 70% drinks and 30% food. The cafe will also have many computers, which can only be used by member with membership cards to activate computers depending on the balance on membership cards.
Now, I only want to use one software to handle the restaurant part and the computers part. I was looking at Aloha because it has eCards, which can be used as membership cards. What is the best options i have here with this package? Will this software work for my setup, if so is there a module that can be added for the computer part or does it have to be customize and how much will this cost?
Thanks
Mac
wildzx@Hotmail.com

I would keep Aloha seperate from the Internet Cafe software. You probably could use the same file server for both. Aloha is not going to be able to control those computers unless they are running aloha and you would need some one to write an interface to access customer accounts if it is even possible. Ecards for Aloha are custom programed, so if you want people to gain access to the cafe software via swipe card then buy cheap cards and use keyboard wedge readers and sell the cards as part of the deal.
The big issue is that no POS software will be able to track and time pc usage and terminate use. You are going to have to have the internet cafe software running them to be able to manage them. Hope this helps.

Great ! I will start looking for some internet software that will allow that. I thinking once an eCard is issued, it should store the balance for the customer in a database and the internet software with some modification should be able to get that balance and convert it to time for usage on the computer.
Also, who much Aloha software will cost me with eCard solutions? Any good recomended resellers...
Thanks
Mac
wildzx@hotmail.com

Go to their website and contact them for a reseller in your area. I am just a tech on Aloha and a handful of other register systems, not a salesman, so I try not to get to involved in pushing the product but more less answering questions and giving advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back