Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Porting

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
Can someone expalin porting to me. The Telephone company said that they are porting 3 numbers. How do I set that up on a G3v6i.

Are they 800 numbers or did numbers? Were they working on an old T1 before? If so then there is not much to do. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

They are DID's. They were call forwarded from the previous carrier as a temp. solution.

Do you have extension for the calls to go to? Sounds like they are just moving how the calls get to you. Just make sure you test them when there done. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Number porting is just moving the numbers from one telecom company to another. This should happen seemlessly on the network... I say should.
As long as the calls are delivered using the same protocol and deliver the same number of digits you shouldn't have any problems... I say shouldn't.

As Phoneman2 said, test them.

Just a reminder, if the new carrier is using facilities different from the previous one, make sure you are prepared to swap your T-1 cables from the old facility to the new. As everyone else said, you want this to go smooth. Do the prep work needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back