Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Porting Telephone Numbers to Existing PRIs and pointing to an Internal Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhiraman

Technical User
Aug 31, 2006
US
Hi All,

Currently we have 40 DID numbers that our 4000 Switch passes the last four digits. All 40 of the number being with the same area code, exchange, and the last 4 digits are unique. I would like to port into our PRI 10 new telephone numbers and point them to 10 internal extensions. The area code and exchange are different than what we have now.

We currently have some of the 40 numbers pointed to internal numbers. My question is, could these new 10 number that I port to the PRI because setup the same way like some of the 40 numbers pointed to internal extensions? If not, is there something I can do?

THANKS!

The 4000 doesn't really care that the area code and exchange are different. If the telco is only sending the last 4 digits, then that's all you will get on the new DID block. As long as none of your DID blocks overlap, you're good to go.

If you're going to grow significantly in the future, it would be wise to migrate to 10 digits while it's still relatively small. DID blocks can be hard to obtain, so you have to pay close attention to make sure the last 4 digits don't overlap. When you go to 10 digits, that problem goes away.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Hi LoPath -- I tried reach out to ConverageOne who we have support with. Their engineer told me to have the telco forward the 10 ported numbers to 10 existing DID numbers because 7 out of the 10 numbers, the last 4 digits start with 0. I dont know if she is correct or not but I have meeting with Verizon our telco on Monday to see if that is possible.

In our system, we had all inbound in a DNIT-DNI table, then pointed to an INTRTDN which went to the extension. Sounds like you're not using the DNIT table at all and just having the inbound go straight to the extension. So in your current configuration, they're right, but it can be fixed without wasting DID numbers.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

So...I ran a REGEN-DNIT:DNI; and here is the last line:

ADD-DNIT:DNI,3717,DRTD,0,"PRIVATE LINE ",
NO,3718;

the 3717 is the last four digits of the DID number and 3718 is the internal extension. Does that mean when I port the 10 number I can just set up the same way? For Example: 1 of the number is 201-XXX-0012

Can I just create the internal extension to say 3333 and then run the command ADD-DNIT:DNI,0012,DRTD,0,"PRIVATE LINE ",
NO,3333;

In our system, we had all of the inbound DNIS digits on the GDTR, 129 table. The 4-digit DNIS is under DGTSTR.

DIS-DNIT:GDTR,,,;
H500: AMO DNIT STARTED
+----------+------------------------+----------------+---------+
| GDTRRULE | DGTSTR | INTRTDN | SVCDATA |
+----------+------------------------+----------------+---------+
| 129 | 0231 | 10151 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0297 | 10147 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0298 | 10148 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0299 | 10149 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0300 | 7000 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0301 | 10157 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0302 | 10159 | NOREQU |
| 129 | 0303 | 10160 | NOREQU |

Those pointed to a 5-digit INTRTDN, which was then pointed to the internal extension (the target).

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| INTRTDN - 10157 |
| SARULE - 0 DISPLAY - PA CONEMAUGH MEDSTAR ROUTING - DRTD |
| TARGET - 70233 |
| INTRTDN - 10158 |
| SARULE - 0 DISPLAY - OK-MEDIFLIGHT ROUTING - DRTD |
| TARGET - 70236 |
| INTRTDN - 10159 |
| SARULE - 0 DISPLAY - DENVER OCC ROUTING - DRTD |
| TARGET - 72240 |

So it's possible to do it this way, but it sounds like you're not setup to do it right now, and your service provider doesn't want/know how to do it.

LoPath

I ran the command DIS-DNIT:GDTR,,,; you are right nothing

Right... so in order to do it this way, you'd have to build those tables. Likely something the vendor doesn't want to do or they just don't know how. You have to be careful in cases like this, as the relationship with your support folks is on the line. I'd present the idea to them as a suggestion and see how they take it.

LoPath

LOL...LoPath...you hit it. Sounds like you are right like they dont want to do it or dont know. I will speak to Verizon and see if we can forward them to DIDs we have free right now

Is there a way to see how the DIDs are being passed from the PRI to the 4000 switch? I tried ADD-DNIT:DNI,0068,DRTD,0,"PRIVATE LINE ",NO,3333; And got message: F08: CANNOT USE INTERNAL ROUTING DIRECTORY NUMBER INTRTDN=0068 -
IT MUST FIRST BE ASSOCIATED WITH DIGIT ANALYSIS RESULT DAR=STN
(ADD-WABE:CD=0068,DAR=STN;).

If I do that would it add 0068 to pass it to ext 3333?

It looks like they're just going straight to the extension without hitting the DNIT tables. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction and end up breaking something. I don't know exactly how to set the DNIT tables up, perhaps someone with some engineering experience can chime in here? Once it's setup, they look through the GDTR table first, then point to the specified INTRTDN destination. In the DNIT table, you tell it what extension to point to. In our system, the INTRTDN were all 5-digit numbers. Example routing would look like:

Code:
402-444-0068 --> 0068 --> 10101 --> 3333
DID number       GDTR     INTRTDN   Extension

I keep saying this all in past tense, as I'm now on OpenScape Voice.

LoPath

So please tell me why you do not just use RUFUM as incoming number translation ?

You have 4 digits coming in to the trunk.
Add that number in for Call Progress State 6
(ADD-WABE:XXXX,,6,STN,N;)
Then
ADD-RUFUM:DID,XXXX,YYYY;
Where xxxx is the incoming 4 digit number
and yyyy is the destination number

SBCSU -- Thank you! When I get the numbers ported I will do this.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back