Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Porting DIDs / Need to Test / Norstar Mer Phn Sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPJ4510

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2011
US

Hello All:

I am changing phone providers on Wednesday (today is Monday), they have came out and installed 2 new PRI Circuits. I currently have two PRI Circuits with AT&T.

I have a cable plugged in from the new PRI Provider into my PBX Phone System and have a green successful link light meaning it's making a connection.

The new provider is giving me 15 new DID's and they are all 469-547-XXXX. When I call it from my cell phone the line just rings and rings and my phone system never picks up even though it's plugged in on the 2nd Trunk Card.

I basically need some assistance is being where the following is set up before Wednesday:

A.) Test both inbound and outbound calling on the new PRI Circuits by either creating a new 'Dial Out' rule is set where maybe when I dial '3' instead of '9' to get an outside line it routes the call over Trunk B (the new provider) or set it where my phone system will answer ANY number it's given by the provider or add the 469-547-XXXX to my PBX

*** I know how to do this w/ Cisco Call Manager, but Nortel PBX is a lot different and much more difficult to use but I know you can do it ***

B.) Set up a calling route when I dial '3' (just for an example) to route the call over PRI B and also set the Phone System up where when I call the 469-567-XXXX my phone system answers.

I know the questions sounds redundant, but hopefully someone out there can assist. I'm not brand new 'new-bie' to Nortel and have worked on much bigger Nortel Phone System (Meridan) to be exact, that I'm having a real heck of a time with this one.

Any and all help is appreciated! :)

If this is a Meridian PBX then you have the wrong forum.

If u have a Norstar then u need to program the target lines and assign a new pool grp.

I have a Norstar Phone System, not a Meridian -- my apologies

Would you happen to have a link to a thread in walking me through this or where I might find this information?

Thanks

The first thing you need to do is check with your new provider and ask if the circuit has been released for testing. Alot of times they will test their end and then put the circuit in a MAINT mode until the cut. If it is in maint mode then you will get a Green Light on your card just like normal because the circuit does look clean.

If you are getting ringing it is probaly hitting the system. Like Dasheen said you need to build acouple of target lines under the lines setting. The numbers start at 157 on newer software you will need to enter the recived digits,check with your new provider on how many digits they are sending. Look at ones that are made as a templet. Then assign the line number to a set under Term and sets.

Do you have outgoing access. can you call out on the new pri.
I recently put in a pri and was told it was all programmed and ready to go.
What they didn't tell me was that it was looped both ways somewhere in the CO. My trunk came up looking happy.
but no incoming and no outgoing , just talking to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back