Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port Restrictions for Long Distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cepolly

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am relatively new and inexperienced with the IP Office 4 system. We have 2 IP 400's and one IP 406. The company that was supporting the system is all but dissolved.

We moved one of the avaya phones, plugged it back in and now we cannot call long distance. We get a long tone after the call goes through and then a recording saying the call cannot go through. We have tried this with multple phone #'s with different area codes. However we can call local long distance with 10 digits.

I need to undo this asap.

And does anyone know where I can get training on this?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I will try it on Monday and let you know.

Thanks.

Before you make any changes in the configuration, back it up so you can go back if you have any issues. Better safe, than sorry. It may just be a bad station port. try anothert phone in that port, and try that phone in another port. See where the issue stays, or goes.

we tried different phones and still no go.

any more ideas on this?

Time to switch ports. Copy down all info of the extension with the problem and delete it out of sytem, then reprogram to a different port (if any available). But first you might delete user then reprogram the user back to the port in question.
Sometimes deleting and re-entering the extension info clears up problems.

"The lack of understanding is the root of all problems

sorry everyone but this turned out to be a dud of an issue.

the user never explained the issue thoroughly. i think he may have been incapable.

it turns out there is nothing wrong and he just needs to dial a code to get LD.

how this got this far i don't know. thanks all for your help and comments.

sorry for the trouble

When you used "WE" in your prvious post, I assumed that you had confirmed by dialing yourself it was not working as designed. Sorry, we should have told you to test yourself, or do not rely on the info.

next thing if you can not repeat issue is watch the user do it. More than 1% of the time it is user error. I am being a little generous about the 1% number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back