Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port List

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSR

Programmer
Jul 23, 2001
US
Can anyone point me to a list of the ports a windows machine uses and has reserved? Like port 80 is for HTTP and so on, I'd like to know what port numbers are safe to assign new tasks for. Thanks. Rocco is the BOY!!

M O T I V A T E!

Those ports you refer to are not windows assign. They are standard port numbers also working for Linux, Unix...

I´ve got hundreds of apps working os servers and every app has to open a port. I started assign from the number 1998 and righth now my last app has the port 2174. And have not been any problem.

Here I´m sending you a list of the ports you can check in any linux machine in the services file.

I think under windows you have up to 65000 ports to use, but I´m not completly sure.

I can send you a list by e-mail if you want, ´cause I´ve been trying to paste it in here but It won´t let me.

Bye,
AC

I found a list in a book, it went up to 159 or something, but I still haven't found a list that I can cut/paste/print out.

I've been using ports 1050 and up for my applications on the server and they appear to be safe. However, if you have a list of the most common ports and reserved ports I would appreciate it.

2-4 UNASSIGNED
21 FTP
80 HTTP

Kevin D.
ksdr1@hotmail.com
Rocco is the BOY!!

M O T I V A T E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back