Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port identification from the phone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike212

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
US
Can someone tell me what feature indicates the activation code for identifying a PBX port from the Phone on a definity?

Thanks,

Mike

Self Station Display Activation:(Page 3) whatever code you set it to in your :change feature access codes:
Yimmer

Use the Self Station Display feature. You have to enable it on the Systems Features form first then add the feature code by doing 'change features'.

Kevin

Thanks, I did this but it only displays the staion extension number, not the port. I thought there was a way where it would display the port. Thanks again!!

I see both the extension and the port on my digital 64XX phones and the extension and the IP address on my VoIP 46XX phones.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

I have 8400 series phones, and I see Ext:portID as well.

Depends on your software release. Prior to V9 is only shows you the extension number.

Kevin

Quick question on this port identification. does this work if you just have a station cross connected to a port and no station programmed to the port?

thx

i tried that phonegoober & i just get wave off on a station thats X ported

The only call you can make on an X ported phone is 0 (operater) and she will see the port
Yimmer

My particular problem is that i have a remote site and i can't verify the port that the station is cross connected to since i am not there. i don't have any local contacts at the site that can trace the cross connect. The port is cross connected to the station, but the station got removed in software ahile back. i am trying to see if this works for that. the phone is plugged in.

thx

Change the tti password, have the user tti their own phone in, then change the tti password back to your original password.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back