Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Port 6400 CR9/RAS9

Status
Not open for further replies.

vna

MIS
May 19, 2004
US
Running CR9 Pro, installed RAS9 on the same XP Pro laptop. Whenever I try to access the Enterprise folder in CR i.e. click on the folder to either open a report or save a report to it I get the 'Logon to APS' screen. I've tried all three authentication types - 'Enterprise, LDAP, Windows NT'. The APS line shows the name of the computer ok. I've tried every user I can think of, including 'Administrator', IUSR_..., user logged into the Windows session, every password imaginable, stopped the default web server, restarted RAS in services. I'm at wits end - literally - trying to find some sort of configuration documentation.

"How do I share a Crystal Report (.rpt)?
Simply select File, Save As and you will see "Enterprise" listed on the left hand side. Select a folder within Enterprise to save to and voila, the report is instantly available via the Web."

This paragraph is directly from Crystal Decision help screens and is much easier to read than to do. I can't even select the Enterprise folder without getting the error box which says "Unable to retrieve cluster members. APS host '<computername>' can be contacted, but there is no APS running at port 6400". The only slightest hint of a solution I've found talks about Norton Personal Firewall. I don't have any firewall of any kind running, not even any antivirus at this point.

I've read all the installation instructions until I can read them in my sleep. I've followed them to the letter, yet I can find no solution to this dilemma. I've finally gotten the ePortfolio thing to work but I'd like to make the process much simpler.

Help, anyone???

I got the same problem and did a lot of re-installing and configurations to no avail. Now I think Crystal REports 10 is not compatible with CE Embedded (RAS)!

There's no way to use the Repository, I couldn't even find any document.

Well, tell me when u get soln. on this

Thanks.

~pepperdec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back