Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

popup window porblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermash

Technical User
Aug 15, 2000
US
hello, i have a site where an index page opens a new javascript popup window that contains my actual site, (the pop up window is where all my navigation and actions take place; it is a flash site). the javascript code in my html page is...
<TITLE>StarBand Performance Solutions Portal</TITLE>
<script language=&quot;javascript&quot;>
function newWindow(url,name,features){
var newWin = window.open(url,name,features);
}
</script>
<META http-equiv=&quot;Pragma&quot; content=&quot;no-cache&quot;>
<META http-equiv=&quot;Cache-Control&quot; content=&quot;no-cache&quot;>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;Expires&quot; CONTENT=&quot;Mon, 06 Jan 1990 00:00:01 GMT&quot;>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor=&quot;#999999&quot;0&quot; marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; rightmargin=&quot;0&quot; topmargin=&quot;0&quot; bottommargin=&quot;0&quot;>
the code in my flash buttons is...

Javascript:newWindow('pdf/installman3RS.pdf','installman3RS','height=500, width=700, toolbar=0, menubar=0, location=0, scrollbars=1, resizable=1')
send using &quot;post&quot;

as you can see, by pressing this button it brings up a new pop-up window to view a .pdf file, (a different window than what the main site is in. i also have another button right under this one that allows someone to download a .pdf file in .zip format. the code in that button is
on mouse event
get url something.zip
window = &quot;nothing&quot;, (not blank)
no variables

this is my problem...if i click to view a file in a new window, everything is fine, if i next click to download a .zip file, everything is fine BUT if the next button i click is to view a file in a new window, it tries to load the file in my main pop-up window instead of a seperate window. this only happens right after i have clicked a button to download a .zip file and then try to click to view a new file in a seperate window. is something happening when i click to download a .zip file that does this???any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Please supply a link to the site you are referring to. After reading your message, it is difficult for me to visualize where these buttons are located. I think I know the answer to your question but I need to be certain before offering my suggestions.

oh yes...click on installation training/installation manuals and try out my scenerio.

and also, i have partially solved this problem by telling my .zip download button to load the file into a _blank window, but i am sure that there is a better way than this.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back