Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

popup window - hidden menu object 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyfives

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
DK
Good day fellow powerbuilder-ers

I have a challenge - we want [<F1> help] coverage across our application. To be available everywhere. We have already a menu within our main mdi! window.

We have other window types we also want <F1> to be used. Response windows we seem to have working by using a descendant menu that is hidden in design and also hidden in code for each menuitem. (still minor modifications needed but within my capabilities)

Our problem is the popup window type. It appears the only MenuName it will accept is the standard property item. I can not code similar solution to what we have in the response windows.

Setting this property allows me to access <F1> which is nice.

The big issue I have is when the popup closes. it seems when another window inside our main mdi! window is opened we have problem accessing the expected menu object unless we load it ourselves on the activate event.

Is there any other way to simply get <F1> working when the popup window has focus???

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses!

Andy

In your popup window, look at the "key" event. You could trap it there with something like IF KEY = KeyF1! THEN....

Hi there

That is a different angle to try. I will need to trap also in any datawindow objects but for this window type it just might work.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back