Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

popup prior to logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinNSun

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
I have a server that (after an application was removed)gives a strange popup before a user logs in.
When you hit Ctl/ALT/DEL a window pops up with a tab marker in the window header, and pipe in the upper left corner of the dialog box. When you hit OK you login fine. It doesn't seem to be causing any functionality issues on the machine, but it is an annoyance
Thanks
AndyE

Is there an interactive login text/message title phrase within your local policy or group policy?

Check out these 3 places in the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\System
LegalNoticeCaption
LegalNoticeText

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
LegalNoticeCaption
LegalNoticeText

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
LegalNoticeCaption
LegalNoticeText

No, I checked through the Group policies, they haven't been configured. It looks like the uninstall of the app might have pulled something from the registry. The popup is between the ctl/Alt/Del and the login screen. I checked the winlogon key but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Goose241, you are the man. that did it.
Now to find out why the uninstall would have done that.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back