Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PopUp Browser Windows are empty 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuna

Programmer
Dec 13, 2002
US
If I click the link to give you a star, the window that pops up is completely void.

This happens on ALL pop up windows that I try to open...
I've run spybot, there's no spyware.

I've run hijackthis, everything is normal.

I don't have a popup blocker running.
I'm not using SP2

Any help would be wonderful, and you'll get a star (if the window isn't empty!)

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

Ever feel like you're banging your head against a tree? I did, so I cut down the tree.

Well Bill, i was hopeful, but it didn't work...

I'm still scratching the cranium... thanks for trying!

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

Ever feel like you're banging your head against a tree? I did, so I cut down the tree.

Lets do it directly then: Open notepad and copy/paste the below as IE_window_fix.cmd :

****** start copy/paste below this line

regsvr32 comcat.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Msoeacct.dll
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\Msoe.dll"
regsvr32 msjava.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 Stdole2.tlb
regsvr32 Olepro32.dll
regsvr32 Msjet40.dll
regsvr32 Msjtor40.dll
regsvr32 Dao360.dll

******** end copy/paste above this line.

Double-click IE_window_fix.cmd and answer any prompts. Ignore any errors.

Reboot and test again.

Thanks again Bill,

I don't have Msjtor40.dll on my laptop, is this a typo?

Second from the last on your list...

again, thanks for the efforts.

thanks, what is msjtor40.dll??? I assume it's not a typo, but not important to the problem?

This didn't fix the problem, btw... and again, thanks.

Check in Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Security -- Custom Level, that you have not disabled active scripting. Under the 'Scripting' subhead, try enabling all three items.

That was one of the first places I checked... i wish it was that easy... all are enabled.

I beleive in you Bill!! You can find the problem!

Start, Run, and in one line copy/paste this:
rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

In the alternative, install Service Pack 2.

I'll give this a shot...

I will not, however, install SP2 again... SP2 kills my Microsoft Wireless network connection... and the funny thing is, its actually a MICROSOFT brand setup...

Thanks again Bill,

It's now asking for the Windows XP Home service pack 1 cd, which I don't have...

You are the man, btw for all your efforts.

You can check your local HOSTS file and see if you have any remote sites resolving to 127.0.0.1. If you do, delete these entries in HOSTS mfile. HOSTS file is found in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc.

Josh

MCSE, CCNA, MCT, MCP

For the sfc /Scannow issue:

Start, Run, regedit

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersi
on\Setup

1) SourcePath must be the CD drive letter. In my case, it is F so Sourcepath must be F:\

2) ServicePackSourcepath must be C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles

3) SericepackCachePath must be c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\ServicePackCache

Your CD must be in your drive of course and on C drive the actual c:\windows\ServicePackFiles\ServicePackCache must exist with the SP1 files in it.

Well that's where the fun ends... windows cd is at home, while I am at the office...

Bill, thanks for all the info. I'll try again tonight when I get home.

Ok, is tek-tips installing spyware/adware? What are these sponsored links that keep popping up? Grrrrr.

btw, I tried the fix now that I'm home, and still, no cigar.

I give up! Thanks again for all the effort Bill. When i return to the office I'll give you the star you deserve for the time you spent with this issue.

Have you looked at your antivirus software settings? Some trap all java scripting, including web-based scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back