Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate Webform from Delphi Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

muntz70

Programmer
Dec 5, 2003
US
I have an application that I would like to add some additional functionality to for my users. Currenty they have to login to a website and submit information that is already tracked in my application. The website developers will not allow me any conduit to submit them data from my application directly through the internet. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I could automatically populate the fields of the webform with data from my application?

I'd like to be able to provide my users with a button that queries the information from my database and populates the webform for them automatically. That way they don't have to do double entry.

Thanks and I look forward to reading some expert ideas!

Forgot to mention...

Delphi 7 pro
SQL server by way of BDE(TQuery)

Can you create a Cookie on their PC? If so, pick up their username from the cookie when they go to your website, and then run a query using their username as a parameter on your database. Display the results of the query on your webform.

Peter

It's not "my" webform. It's a thirdparty website.

The part that I don't understand (have never done) is paste information from a TQuery into a webform fields....

That is the suggestions I'm looking for.. the exact "how" of pasting into a webform field.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back