Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Populate a field on a report from combo box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondoray

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
AU
Guys,

I have created a report. In the heading I have created a text box that looks at the combo box that is used to set the criteria for the report and displays it on the form with the following:
Code:
=[forms]![frmInput]![Combo11]

The data from the combo box is displayed during a print preview but is missing when the report is printed.

Any ideas?

mondoray [ponder]

Your code should work. However, sometimes Access just does not work as it is supposed to be.

You may go around the problem by using the same code in the format event of the report heading.

txtTitle=[forms]![frmInput]![Combo11]

txtTitle is the text box in the report heading.

Seaport

Are you closing the form?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Guys,

Thanks for responses.

seaport - I will give it a try.

dhookom - I'm not sure what you mean by your question.

I have set up the report so that when you select the parameters via combo boxes then hit a command button the report displays in print preview. I also have created a small form that appears on top of the report which allows the operator to either print, email, or exit both the report and print dialog. When the report is displayed in print preview mode the data from the parameter combo boxes is displayed. It is missing from the report when printed. e.g date from and date to.

mondoray [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back