Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PoPToP/pptpd server authenticates but no services avail

Status
Not open for further replies.

afgs

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
GB
Info: -- I'm using SuSE 8.0 Kernel (2.4.18) and PoPToP v.1.1.2 regardless of that poptop works the similarly on all systems. I do have a firewall running (SuSEfirewall2) which allows UDP port 67 and tcp port 1723 for pptp access.

Scenario: -- The Windows 2000 clients are able to authenticate to the VPN (pptpd). They can't however access anything. They are given an IP address and I can see them. The good old F10 screen gives me the error UNAUTHORIZED ROUTING with the src and dst addresses using TCP port 23 (they tried to telnet from the windows machine to another server on the network that accepts telnet connections). I want the clients to be able to access certain IP addresses on the network such as mail servers and telnet for UNIX.

Question: -- Do I have to fix this in the firewall config or in the config files for pptpd (/etc/pptpd.conf) and can anyone that has this working help me at all with any advice?

cheers,

Alex G. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back