Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 on SBS2k3 not working after service packs installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdifs

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
Hi.

We have wireless phones with pop3 clients that have been getting our email for a few years with no problems.

I just installed the SBS 2003 service packs 1 and 2 and now none of the phones can download the user's mail. POP3 service is running.

Did the service packs change anything on the remote access through pop3?

Thanks.

Rob

I would try a basic test first.

telnet serverIP 110 (connect to POP3 port)
USER username
PASS password
list

This will tell you if you can auth OK and should display the content of the mailbox (well number of messages).

Can you get this far?

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Thanks.

After beating my head against the wall, it turns out that the issue was on the phone. While the server was down for the updates, the phone apparently could not get mail so it shut that account down. I verified the settings on the phone and it started working again.

Of course the phone did not let me know that, it just said that send/receive was complete.

Thanks again for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back