Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pop3 connector stopping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjv55

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
GB
SBS2000 server

The microsoft connector for pop3 mailboxes is constantly stopping, when it is started it will run for anything from 2 seconds to 10 minutes fail to collect any mail and then stop. There are no error message in the event log, just events that say the service has started and then to say that it is stopping and has stopped. When the service has stopped the startup type is changed to manual, if I change it back to automatic it always changes back to manual when the service has stopped itself.
Has been running fine for a more than a year suddenly started behaving like this. There are no other error related to exchange.

What Service pack are you runnin? I had a similar prob, and all i did was upgrade to latest SP and all is fine.

I upgraded to the latest service pack and it didn't make any difference.

I have just resolved the fault by removing and then reinstalling the pop3 connector, still no idea why it began failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back