Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 clients cannot receive Exchange email

Status
Not open for further replies.

guggle

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
AU
We are running Exchange 5.5 (SP3) on Windows NT 4 (SP6) and just yesterday our POP3 clients (4 Mac's and 1 pc) cannot receive their email. The message from Outlook Express (pc) is:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'xyz', Server: 'aaa.bbb.cc.d', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The Mac's error message isn't quite so descriptive, but I'm sure it amounts to the same thing.

Last night I had to install IIS 4.0 so that I could install another product. I don't know if this has caused the problem though because the problem appeared before I loaded IIS 4.0.

Please help, this is getting desperate!!!

are the clients inside your network? do you require authentication?

Problem solved. The other product I had to install was TrendMicro CSM suite which includes Officescan. Once I removed Officescan everything returned to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back