Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POP3 add on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswindale

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
GB
I am configuring exchange server 5.5 for a friends company and he has a pop3 mail server that he needs the exchange server to connect to in order to download emails.

I understand there are add ons that will do this automatically is this right.

Any info will be VERY much appreicated.

M

There is something provided by Microsoft, but my experience with this add-in is not positive. When recieving mail from a newsgroup, all mail got into an indefinite loop, so be carefull how you configure this pop3 tool!

Now the adress:
That should do it.

Good luck Bob Dorrestein

Thanks for that but this is on site:

Important The connector can only be used with Small Business Server 4.5 installations. Version 4.0 customers must upgrade to version 4.5. The connector will not run on a standard installation of Microsoft Windows NT® Server 4.0 with Exchange Server 5.5.

I have 5.5 on nt 4.0 !

Sorry, I don't know any alternatives.

If I'll find one, I'll let you know!

Bob Dorrestein

Download a copy of Popweasel from Mailgate and use that, Dead easy to configure, it can run on the same machine as Exchange or on another machine and use the IMC to transfer messages, It will run on Win9x NT4.0 (Svr or WS) Win2k (Svr or Pro) (I would assume XP as well) and can collect from multiple POP3 mailboxes simultaneously (on a thread capable OS). I currently have it running picking up mail from 4 separate POP3 multi-user mailboxes and handing it to a pair of Exchange 5.5 servers for distribution. In the 8 months this configuration has been operational I have not had a single problem with Popweasel.
Exchange is a different 'challenge' every day

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back