Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop ups freezing Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsprogrammer

Programmer
Jun 26, 2006
CA
Hi!

95% of the time when there is a pop window trying to open (including opening an email - when a new window opens) my internet freezes. It is like the system gets confused and it doesn't know what to open in the window, it seems like it tries to open the last known window. Any ideas on why this could be happening? It is very frustrating that the internet has to shut down completely and I have to start over what ever I was working on.

Thanks so much in advance! VS

What OS? What Browser? What email system? Does it happen with tabs? or only new windows. What are the specs of the computer? Have you run ccleaner? have you run an malware cleaner like malwarebytes? Antivirus software? Have you tried resetting the browser back to defaults? Have you run Hijack this, and looked at the log file?

Hi, sorry! Yes, I guess a little more info would be helpful! I am running Vista Home, IE 7, Outlook (but this doesn't really matter - just giving an example with this) - It happens when a new window pops open, not with tabs. I have not heard of ccleaner. I do have anti virus and run it every second day or so. I have tried resetting the browser defaults along with adding to delete temp files when closing. I will try to run the malware and hijack this that you advised, thanks so much! VS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back