Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pop up window when you still dont know the URL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinseu

Technical User
Aug 24, 2000
DE
I found some releavant infos on how to make pop up windows with flash, however the GET URL is always like " and now i'm making a project, the address i will write to test my page will not be the same than the one where the site will be hosted... what can i do ? i know that my html page that i wanna open in the pop up will be called "help_d.htm" and that it will be in the root of the directory but i dont know what will be the exact address yet, and if i have to change then all my flash movies with the new address... thanx for helping

I don't think the full address is neccessary when refering to the same directory as the flash document.

hmm it was resulting actually from an error with the extension .htm now with .html it works. i put all my site as .htm and i found a post talking about this problem... it apparently didnt work using the .htm extension...
i'm having another problem anyway... lemme sumup :
i have a flash, 5 links in the flash are opening popup windows, with diff pictures... the script in my html page is made of some variables for the popups (depending on what is specified in the "get url" of the buttons in flash... the problem is actually here : i click on the link 1 a popup come with the good size, but if i dont close the popup and click directly on the link 2, then the picture comes in the same popup already opened and its either bigger or smaller than the window... what can i do to make the window close just before to open the link 2, or at least let the popup 1 with the pic and open another popup with the correct dimensions ??? (wow ! twisted minds aint it ?)

how do I make a button go to certain url but in another window...a pop up window? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back