Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop-up window problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryDen

Programmer
Jun 6, 2002
AP
Hi,

I am trying to get a popup window browser from my flash file. So far, I am able to use the getURL command and javascript in actionscript to open the new browser normally. However, when I embed the flash file into a webpage which resides on a different server (to avoid the ads), the popup command does not work, i.e., nothing happens. I have already specify the full url in the open window command. Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Russ.

Nevermind, found out it was my mistake. The embedded flash object in the default html file generated had a param allowing script access to only same domain. When removed, the popout works. Thanks anyway.

I finished with the loading of the different xml files into the datagrid. I'm now trying to figure out how to do different image icons in a datagrid. I have four different movie clips with icons in them and want to load them into a column in the datagrid depending on certain conditions. I'm doing everything from a .as file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back