Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop-up window not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

amutinu

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
US
Hello All,
I have an application where i am opening a pop-up window thru. javascipt. Is there a way to set the focus such that the child window is always on top? Also if i have some other application (Excel) open in the background and if i open the javascript window and then close it, the focus is set to the other application (Excel) instead of my parent window. Any ideas why this is happening?

Please let me know as soon as possible. I have to submit this application by noon tomorrow (3/5/02)

Thanks and appreciate your help

Kiran

within the child window, place this...

<body onunload='window.opener.focus();'>

as for the child always on top, does that mean it always opens on top, or no matter what other window is focused, the child always remains in top position/visible?

- spewn

Thanks spewn for your response,
On your question regarding child window, i want the child window to always stay on top until it is closed, no matter what other window is focused, child window always remains in top position/visible

i would appreciate your quick answer

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back