Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pop up menu build error

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtom

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
CA
I am trying to create a pop up menu by adding a behavior in DW MX2004 and get the following error:

"Unable to restore selection after making "applyBehaviour". Try making edits in smaller steps, and don't delete the selected object. The action will not be added to your document"

I then tried to add only one menu item (a small step) adn the error repeated. Not only does it not create the pop up menu it inserts the script and deletes my entire navbar.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Follow up:

When I receive the error message my footer code is highlighted and the navbar is deleted.

If I delete the footer code I can create the menu and the menu works fine. If then reinsert the footer code the menu still works fine. Strange but true.

I have discovered a new problem though... The menu shows up behind the flash element below the navbar.

see -
Thanks

Cancel this thread. Have found that this isn't really sound design strategy. Being new at this is very humbling...
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back