Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pop-up a window w/o toolbar or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErocM

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
US
hello everyone... the only thing i know about java is how to insert it into my webpages... im very new to it. Im looking for a SIMPLE script that will allow me to launch a new browser window from a link with the following attributes...

-no toolbars
-no scroll bar or scrolling allowed
-fixed heighth and width

The link to the page is in a flash movie using a button. Im not sure if javascripts can be added into the actions for flash buttons. so im guessing the best way to get the above results in a new window would have to be one where the java in embeded into the source of the new window itself, rather than using java for the link... i hope that made sense.. sorry if it didnt. thanks friends.

Code:
<a href=&quot;button_activated_page.html&quot; target=&quot;SecondWindow&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('','SecondWindow','height=200,width=400')&quot;>

Javascript is not the same thing as Java.

Dynamic HTML: The Definitive Reference by Danny Goodman from O'Reilly is an excellent reference to HTML, DOM, CSS, and Javascript.

greetings to all ...
.. beeing also a newcomer to the field of javascript, I have a related question, basically the exact opposite.
How do I close a popup window and at the same time open a new normal window? This should close both, the popup and the page from which I originally opened the popup and open the new page, after all only one normal window should then be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back